Ashley Beedle makes it better

30 yrs old :man_facepalming:

2 Likes
1 Like

Beedle and Harvey remix of the classic Police track.

3 Likes

Loads of ace ones already posted, so I’ll chuck this one into the ring. Incredible on a decent system.

2 Likes

a few years ago I discovered that one for myself in a dollar bin (!)

1 Like

Here’s an odd one - it’s from an old Ninja Tune retrospective, the track is credited to Beedle (see photo of the label on my copy) but it’s actually the ‘Ashley Beedle Heaven & Earth remix’ of the track ‘Salvation’ by Ryuichi Sakamoto.

2 Likes

great comp that. loads of odd mixes, especially that Squarpusher - DJ Food Scratch yir head. I’ve repeatedly tried to play that in public and died on its arse every time.

2 Likes

If anyone needs even more Beedle Inspiration, this blog put together three (unofficial) volumes of his remixes in 2012 (sadly no longer available). Plenty to work through here…

3 Likes

Slower gear here, but lovely…

3 Likes

Oh god, this is giving me eyes rolling back in your head on the dancefloor flashbacks. This is the track I never remembered to look up! Thank you for this one.

1 Like

You’re a braver man than me - that’s a pretty intense track!

Stupider maybe. I also have no career as a DJ.

1 Like

This was always my fav Beedle mix…amazing synths that crash in after the intro. Think he out ‘murked’ Murk on this :grinning: Just an absolute banger

2 Likes

My wife worked for label at time so got promo of this which never got any recognition

3 Likes

I’m guessing he was involved in this as it’s a Black Science Orchestra mix:

Sampling the best bit of Wood Brass & Steel’s Funkanova

It’s been decades since I listened to this:

1 Like

Acid Jazz have just reissued the Ballistic Bros. catalogue

Music | Acid Jazz Records (bandcamp.com)

3 Likes

Love this especially on a full dance floor

2 Likes

Only made aware of this today, I bet he’s done classic remixes which he’s forgotten…

3 Likes