Lesser known Murk bangers

I’d put Danny Tenaglia (thinking 90s / 00s) in the ‘both’ bracket. But its a great question and not as obvious to answer as it first sounds.

1 Like

Personally, I’d put Danny in the same field as Frankie. HE definitely has made some classic productions, but not that many. Most of the his best album, Hard & Soul, was reusing remixes that had been knocked back. Bottom Heavy, for instance, was originally a New Order remix that was turned down by the band. He used to play his NO mix at the Roxy a lot when I was first living in New York.

Mood II Swing, I think I’d put in the both category. They’ve made plenty of great tracks (and songs) and also plenty of killer remixes.

1 Like

Let’s not also forget Ashley. Production and remix colossus.

3 Likes

Massive fan of his productions. Again, I’d say that’s where his true skill lies, rather than remixes, although there are a few I still play out now. Like this one:

1 Like

Realky? I mean, yes production is defo his strong point, but some many great remixes - The Streets, The Aloof, Bent., etc.

Plus this which I still adore

1 Like

Loved Justin Warfield, tthought he was the future .

Ah that’s good intel and interesting these were originally remixes…fancy rejecting Bottom Heavy! I’ve been schooled :grinning:

And with Ashley Beedle - his remix of Funky Green Dogs - Body is another all time fav of mine (and nicely brings this back around to Murk)

2 Likes

I thought Ralph Falcon’s – Hollywood To Hialeah LP was underrated.

So underrated, I’ve never even heard of it till now :joy:

Here’s a remix they did which still sounds great to me. Love the snippy, scissor-cut background rhythm and the doughy bass.

1 Like

Love it - In the cart it goes

Listed as mixed on Discogs but the first CD is in fact an unmixed LP of originals featuring the Weather Girls on 3 tracks.

1 Like

East Side Beat - You’re My Everything (Murks Cuban Mama Jammin)

Nice dubby 808 workout with a great deep b line.

1 Like

Nice. Subtle hints of this early Ralph epic creeping around in the background. Have to point out that the drums are 909 though.

2 Likes

Not sure if this counts as lesser known, was pretty big at the time…scooby do, scooby do

1 Like

Was never a huge fan, and don’t have a huge amount of their stuff - all a bit samey for me - but when they got it right shit they could hit the spot.
These Kookoo Monster bits are new to me, different kinda vibe, and really like 'em - more than their typical stuff

This is a lot tougher than most of their stuff but I love it

2 Likes

some great ralph or oscar solos on kumba and miami soul

just re-digitized that one, and this which ended up being a funky green dogs
single -

and this on strictly is always in my box.

the single mixes of break you are pretty good!