Hello and welcome back

Sounds idyllic, hope its going well. You’re not missing a whole lot going on up here.

Cool, glad you’re getting some joy out of them!

'Morning! Frank from Glasgow here.

Long-time forum lurker from the before times and heavily indebted to those who posted such amazing mixes. ‘Airport Airport’ and Lexx’s ‘The Remedy’ still get spins but there were many, many others.

Good to see others emerging from the shadows … Lurkers of the world unite! :fist:

2 Likes

Hi Justin - think I still have a cassette of yours I need to return… :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m the same as you, have lurked on many a forum but not a contributor really. In a club a floorpiece, in anything social definitely a wallflower. years back, happy to travel far to make a pilgrimage or offer support to a touring local hero. 4 rapid fire, wonderful kids have curtailed too many latter day adventures, but still make an effort when the stars align. Over the years I’ve gravitated to anyone with (I hope) wide open tastes. There are few people on here I got to kow many years ago and lost touch, there are loads I’ve cyber stalked. This is my first post anywhere, or any forum or format so please be gentle. glad this is back. It’s taken me days of pontification to say hello

19 Likes

Welcome mate, good to have you along :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Hello, thanks.cheers. many thanks for paradise garage and it’s many splendid chuckles.

2 Likes

Bloody auto correct. "Paradise farage’ of course and its many tips, hiccups and diversions. Kept us all good in lockdown (dancing with a toddler, twins on the way (and arrived safely). Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Hello everyone.

Nice to have this place back, like slipping into your old favourite t shirt that you thought you’d thrown away (only to discover it hidden down the back of the dresser).

Previous lurker and occasional poster, I can’t remember my old username so have made the radical choice of going with my actual name. I’ve no doubt crossed paths with some of you during my musical misadventures at various labels over the years. Still doing the same, for my sins.

Currently making the move to Yorkshire from London. Looking forward to chatting with friends old and new.

3 Likes

I’m Bgpz (aka Andy), been living in Canada for the past few years but used to be a Low Life regular and poster of wibble on DJH (and elsewhere) in the past.

Piddled around with other people doing things with records and video in clubs/festivals/radio/print over the past 30+ years, but the day job and parenthood has taken priority more recently. Still try to indulge as and when is feasible, though.

11 Likes

Wow - that seemed like a long shower.
Used to come down to Lowlife from Manchester.
Now can’t even come down to Manchester!

7 Likes

That reminds me I still have the infamoose Ken Bruce " Keep it Balearic " T
Now that’s a classic :grin:

2 Likes

always wanted one of those… re-run needed!

Hello. Former occasional lurker and enthusiastic hobbyist, though my days of playing records to pubs full of indifferent drunks are pretty much behind me.

Still buy records, not because i think the format’s better, but because I’m lazy and it’s what I know.

9 Likes

…wretched phone. I just said hello and nice to see you all!

5 Likes

Hey everybody! Nice to be back but I was mostly just lurking during the olden days. I run a record shop/charity case in San Francisco called Vinyl Dreams, headed the dance/electronic section at Amoeba Music SF through the Aughts, been a dj/promoter/etc etc and used to write for Urb and XLR8R mags. Glad to see you all here :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I was wearing the T-shirt you gave me yesterday! Spooky.

1 Like

Good Morning All!! Previous lurker on here, also Faith, Southport Weekender, Z Records, On Hubert Street, etc. etc. Good to be back on the message board :slight_smile:

4 Likes

glitchform here, real name undısclosed. North London Arsenal fan, El türko loco, junglist massive, also interested in rnb, avant-jazz, funk, dancehall, boogie, etc. and of course Türkish muzzikkk.

Purveyor of unlistenable noise and industrial, grungey acid, hardcore eclecticist meltdown mixes, which I doubt will be much suitable for this forum, but that is what I do.

Will probably lurk here to enrich my knowledge rather than post a lot. Still no idea what balearic actually is, and what all that acid ted malarky was about. bring on the unending phunk.EE 303s!

5 Likes

Hey everyone

Missed this forum the most and well happy it’s back. Pure good vibes :pray:

5 Likes