DjHistory Interviews

I’m working on a series for DjHistory called The Producers. I’ve already done a few that have yet to see the light of day, among them Eddy Grant and Ken Gold. Next week I’m interviewing Zeus B. Held as part of the series. Any others who are still with us that you’d like to see?

Also feel free to suggest any other interesting interviewees you’d like to see on the site. Ta x

2 Likes

@GrimsbyRiviera I’d love to read an interview with Adrian Sherwood focussing on his work with Tack>>Head and Mark Stewart and the Maffia :wink:

4 Likes

Hi Bill,
would like to see Trevor Horn here (not to mention his group The Producers :grin: :wink:)

5 Likes

I’ve interviewed Adrian, actually. Not loads on Tackhead specifically, but he gave me a great interview.

2 Likes

@GrimsbyRiviera is that available to read online?

Don’t think so but I’m working on it.

2 Likes

Mark Ellis (Flood) & Martin Glover (Youth). Both good at playing ping-pong between pop and underground. Come to think about it, why not do a double biller with them actually playing ping-pong ?

6 Likes

Youth, Bobby O, Bill Laswell, Sly & Robbie

Jagz Kooner, Hugo Nicolson, Rob Playford

Both Sly & Robbie is gonna be hard methinks

2 Likes

Gary Cobain & Brian Dougans (FSOL)

They’re not hard to contact online as they’re still very alive and musically active, but let me know if you need an introduction @GrimsbyRiviera :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eric Kupper
John Ciafone
Don Carlos
Martin Atjazz Iveson
Paul Murphy
Rob Mello
Grace/Rick - DiY
Harry - DiY
Damian (O’Grady) - DiY
Inland Knights (Laurence & Andy) - Smokescreen Free Party crew
LittleMen (Gav & Steve) - Smokescreen Free Party crew
…Smokescreen Free Party Crew (DiY’s little sister crew of = rebels, still going/partying today)
Si Bradshaw
Elliot Eastwick
Luke Solomon
Steve Middleton (Sole Music)
Kevin McKay (Glasgow Underground)
Chris Carrier
Franck Roger
Matthew Bandy
Tom Laroye (Defected’s in-house musician)
Rhythm Plate/Goshawk/YSE Saint Laur’Ant :wink:

2 Likes

Rob Gordon (good luck, we can only dream)

2 Likes

Am I remembering rightly that you once interviewed Klaus Stockhausen? I’d love to read that if it’s still around…

Yeah interviewed Klaus some years ago. Will appear sometime in not too distant future. I’m also doing DJ Hell in Jan.

2 Likes

been thinking about this thread for a while - came here to say “rob gordon” and dammit you beat me to it by 12 days.

1 Like

Shinichiro Yokota
Soichi Terada
Fumiya Tanaka
Satoshi Tomiie
Chez Damier
Leroy Burgess
Mark Seven

1 Like

Noel Hankin, NYC Disco pioneer (and author of the recent After Dark: Birth of the Disco Dance Party). Though not for a piece about producers, the story needs to be more widely known.

2 Likes

That book was great! I didn’t know what to expect, but I ate it up. The story of disco from a totally different perspective.:+1:

2 Likes

Have you interviewed Rolo McGinty from The Woodentops? Dude was in a proto balearic type band, then lived in New York in an interesting time, was going to the kitchen to see Arthur Russell, hitting the Sound Factory etc. He still works in the music industry doing stuff. I ran into him at a festival a few years back and he was a fascinating and super nice dude.

1 Like