Behind The Goal - All Things Football

Well done, Grimsby. 1996 was also the last time I bought the Mood II Swing mixes of Everything by Sarah Washington. :wink:

1 Like

Fucking brutal at Tannadice today, tossed by Kilmarnock in the cup, our only new signing in the window red carded on his debut and I made a poor choice in jacket and was freezing. Fuck football and every fucking ship she sails in on. See you next Saturday to do it all again :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the BBC’s Moment of Truth podcast series.

Any edgy London football geezers out tonight?

This name seems kind of familiar?

Good news today though with Asghar finally gone. I’m not sure Ogren will want to hang around much longer either. I wonder who the consortium are and how much they’ve lowballed him :joy:

1 Like

Was delighted to see the back of Asghar. Ogren must be regretting ever getting involved as he has hee-haw chance of seeing that £10m ever again, so if he was to bail he’d have to write that off as no-one is going to give him that given our current position. Luigi Capuano and Craig Levein couldn’t see eye to eye on various things so that’s hit the buffers for now. 3 getting interviewed today including Jim Goodwin and I never saw that one coming :see_no_evil:

The consortium…still think that might be a wind up :rofl:

Loving this thread as it seems like most of you follow some smaller teams that I have never heard of (being an italian in america, all we have is premier league over here). I’m a huge Calcio fan with Frosinone being my team (1st place in Serie B!!) and Roma being my Serie A team (No Totti No Party)

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Frosinone, I thought I was quite up on calcio. Have they ever been in Serie A before? Have you read this book? Might be my favourite ever football book:

Written by an American who spent a season following this team from the Abruzzo who got promoted unexpectedly to Serie A. It’s amazing.

1 Like

Enjoyed Cremonese beating Roma 2-1 other day, their first serie A win since 1996 and they just stayed inside beating the winless record. And Mourinho got sent off for the 3rd time this season which is always good to see.

1 Like

Frosinone have been around since 1906 but have mostly been in Serie C up until recent time. They’ve made it to Serie A twice in the last ten years in 2014 & 2018 but were quickly sent back to Serie B. Here’s hoping they can stick around a little bit in 2024.

I haven’t read that book! But it’s now on the top of my list.

1 Like

Cremonese have Roma in their pocket, they just beat them earlier in February to make it to the Semi Finals of the Coppa Italia. One of the only teams to beat Napoli this season.

1 Like

Mr. Patel’s shop remained unscathed.

Yeah, saw it, was great! Football is crazy like this.

Dundee United have a long standing beef with Roma after the European Cup semi-final in 1984. We beat them 2-0 at home in the first leg (I was there) and got beaten 3-0 in Rome. It later transpired the ref had been bunged. Roma went on to play Liverpool in the final, you may recall Bruce Grobbelaar doing the floppy legs during the penalties. Liverpool won. Here’s the story….

3 Likes

Huge win for @GrimsbyRiviera !!

2 Likes

HOOOOGE! Bring on Brighton.

3 Likes

Was loving the sea of inflatable fish in the away end last night :fish: :rofl:

2 Likes

Non si tratta del codardo, Howard.

David Hamilton is a local lad and United fan who sold his games company for £135m. He’s currently on the board at Brechin, so he is going to be close with Levein. He was on Off The Ball a few months ago, and they asked him about buying United. He joked back saying he’d like to hold onto his money and that Brechin was an adequately sized rich man’s plaything for him. That was then, this is now but I’m just speculating.