Preaching house

Just listening to Bill’s podcast and there’s a tune (FOREMOST POETS - Escape From Dubai) where the voice of God is giving folk some late night lifestyle advice. Got me thinking he’s often trying to do that over a fairly sparse production. Can you think of any others?

If this is preachers who speak the word of god rather than God him/her/itself speaking, then …

2 Likes

God, folk channeling god, folk claiming god like properties… I’m not fussy. This was mostly a post in the hope someone posted the DHS track you have because I couldn’t remember who it was by. Cheers!

The funny thing is I couldn’t remember who it was by either, only the title, and I probably haven’t heard it since Colin Faver’s Kiss FM show when it was new. However, the “I am excited” bit has been stuck in my head for three decades whenever I hear someone say that.

1 Like

it’s hard for me to think of more songs literally about god than the ones listed, but here’s some preaching about music:

A motivational speaker with the same feel:

There’s probably something on Trax with a voice of god, I just can’t think of it right now.

2 Likes

I’d heard the Courage International one before. belter. cheers
on the motivational speaker tip, there’s this banger I genuinely fire on when I need the bottle to make big life decisions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqdrtzCaSHw

1 Like