Floral tributes at an old skool DJ's funeral

Just come back from the funeral of an 80s/90s pirate station DJ here in London (Sunrise FM).

I wonder whether deceased DJ’s of the future will have their laptops or memory sticks rendered in flowers…?

1 Like

Coffin in the shape of a USB could be a winner

1 Like

Not to be a Debbie Downer, especially on a friday but has anyone compiled their final send off playlist?

1 Like

Simple answer from me; No. I’ve left that to my wife - she’s had to put up with enough of my musical nonsense over the years so it’s fair that she gets to choose without having me carping away in the background! And I see funerals being mostly for the people left behind, although i did think it might be amusing to play the theme to the film The Great Escape as the curtains closed.

An acquaintance had his funeral playlist organized years before he died. I feel a bit mean saying this, but I didn’t really like his selections and he left no indication as to why he chose those particular tracks. Best moment was him being played out to Disco Inferno by The Trammps which induced a rather vociferous ensemble sing-along to the lyric “Burn Baby Burn!”.

Trouble with this idea is that most of the time they’d try to put it in the grave only to realize that it’s the wrong way up :man_shrugging:

1 Like