Favourite new old discovery of 2022

Can’t believe you’ve mis-sold us a turkey! Did you used to work in City Sounds by any chance? They were the kings of playing you the brilliant 16 bars of an otherwise hopeless tune.

4 Likes

Still sounds like a winner to me!

5 Likes

Wrekin Havoc edit incoming…?

Agreed. What a great find!

Ha ha was only winding you up xx :rofl:

2 Likes

The Nightlark’s done a good job already

3 Likes

That is ace… gutted I did a discogs dilly dally yesterday and didn’t snap one up.

I’ll sell you mine when I’ve ripped it!

1 Like

Yes please! DM incoming.

1 Like

Also nice:

4 Likes

BIG fave. In fact, i played this poolside at Pikes last month.

1 Like

Unsure if this counts as I originally discovered this back 20 years ago crate digging in New Zealand… but its since been lost in my collection/moves/storage. Unsure if/why its never been re-pressed, lauded by insert hipster DJ name or thrown onto something like them Disco Not Disco type compilations… not enough hi-hat maybe?

1 Like

Niney The Observer Allstars at King Tubbys courtesy of the always ace Dub Vendor.

1 Like

‘got any Severed Heads mate?’

Unquestionably this thanks to Jolyon. I’d be happy to buy or px for one…

8 Likes

Never realised my favourite Moody Blues tune had been covered by the Four Tops (i should have known, to be fair, they worked together in the 70s)… anyway, while im sure many of you are aware, i wasn’t and this is a fucking beauty!

3 Likes

I didn’t know they redid this one, cool. On my wantlist for a bit…

What was it? Can’t find the original post anymore…

One of my favorite peak time tracks, this. I got a 7 inch that had it on Juno, no idea if original or Bootleg but sounds good, and shouldn’t be hard to find. Album’s been redone too.

1 Like

(The Pure Mana edit on the Discogs listing is the edit by @The_Nightlark which started the thread).

1 Like

I naively thought i could maybe prevent the record zooming up further in price by just removing it from the thread. I guess not…

2 Likes