Favourite new old discovery of 2022

5 Likes

I know this was a re-release, but new to me this year and its just amazing.

1 Like

A nice Linval Thompson dub found in a local shop for three quid:

3 Likes

I’ve been banging on about this to anyone who’ll listen all year. Can’t remember how I heard about it but it’s ace.

5 Likes

This is a really nice EP of early to mid 80s synth soul from Naples, came out as a Periodica / Futurebile collaboration earlier in the year and has soundtracked a few family breakfasts and cocktail hours in this house

5 Likes

This woke me from a slumber as my iPod shuffled. One of those I can’t believe I didn’t find it sooner, and also that I can perfectly imagine on a dancefloor.

2 Likes

A couple of years late to this but better late than never. Lovely long live cover of E2E4.

7 Likes

Driving across Naxos this summer and this came on the radio

2 Likes

Another one, may I? :sunglasses:

This was the main theme of “La Domenica Sportiva”, back in 1976, an Italian football program.

5 Likes

That’s fantastic, how did I not know about this?! I even follow him on Bandcamp :joy:

1 Like

I don’t think there were many and they went quick!

1 Like

Perhaps this is already well known amongst the Balearic cognoscenti, but it was a new find for me this year. Sounds like it could have been released yesterday on some uber hip Japanese new-age label

4 Likes

Another Scott Grooves I came across by pure luck

5 Likes

I got sent a promo of this updated reissue of kerri chandlers my old friend [ now retitled “my old friend alan”] that record is terrific ! -

check it out - totally missed it back then, but this is like 70% of the music I find out about is old!

2 Likes

Killer discovery! Fuck this site is gonna cost me big

4 Likes

Wow thanks for sharing that. HAD to get one

1 Like

Jesus. What an incredible track!

nice! Really cool track

Last night, there were four copies left on Discogs. Down to one now :joy:

1 Like

I probably should have said that i did chop a fair bit out of the track to make it sound how it does in the video. But you guys might like the sections i removed…