"Early": favourites, slept-on," well-I-never"s

This one of yours?

No, but I walked past the shop this morning and that one caught my eye!

Sounds decent. I shall consider buying it if it’s still there on Wednesday.

Yes, an early Radio Slave side project :+1:

1 Like

Couldn’t do it. Deep Tory would be a leap too far.

Am I missing something here…?! Is Matt Edwards one of ‘them’…??

No, Luke Solomon is.

Really ??? (Lots of question marks because posts need to be at least 20 characters.)

Just before Ronald and Rheji Burrell started churning out those sublime deep house tracks on Nu Groove:

1 Like

You dont think so? Obviously he’d say he wasn’t.

Oh no! You’re making it worse!

Early P&P release. Early Peter Brown production:

2 Likes

I just found out that Flame And The Sons Of Darkness became The Rythm Makers and then GQ. That makes this count as a “well-I never”.

1 Like

Lee “33” Anderson. Knows what working-class people really want. Early.

1. Early Masters At Work MK2 (Kenny and Louie) but late Masters At Work MK1 (Todd). All three together on a 3 minute 14 second mix. Masters Not Working Very Hard.

Masters On Work Experience.

1 Like

Louie Vega’s first UK gig was a Hypnosis do in Canvey Island in 1989.

fun follow up on this - i’ve tried twice in the past two weeks to order a copy of this doublepack from discogs and both times, once from UK and once from Italy its been cancelled after purchase, I keep trying and I hate buying vinyl at this point. Never even knew about this other than what came out on a comp later so missed the other mixes, maybe third time’s the charm! Somebody need to leak that promo CDR that came out already!

The Sarah Washington Mood II Swing? DM me your details and I’ll post it to you.

1 Like

I’ve always been partial to this early David Morales version of Georgio’s ‘Bedrock,’ circa 1987 - kinda proto-Red Zone-ish

4 Likes