Behind The Goal - All Things Football

Always had a soft spot for Utd. My three subbuteo teams as a wee guy were Celtic, Utd and Barca. Loved watching them beat Barca and can remember being disappointed watching Gothenburg final.

Really hope you start to climb the table soon. That squad shouldn’t be bottom of the league. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

LFC me. Go as often as I can, aways mainly.

Is there a world cup thread here? (cant help myself have been drawn in)

1 Like

A lapsed Oxford United fan here. Used to go loads back in the 80’s & 90’s, but have only managed to get to a couple of successive EFL finals, lost both, in recent times.

Real football though… :wink:

1 Like

I just started this topic to put all the general football chat in one place, if we wanna keep the World Cup here too that might make sense, but I’m not admin so it’s merely a suggestion bud.

I’ve been drawn in too, despite Scotland not being involved (you get used to it) one thing I’m liking so far is the lower ranked teams causing upsets. Makes a change from the usual suspects walking the groups. Spain and France aside.

1 Like

I haven’t watched a single minute. Just cant get excited at all. Think it’s a combination of

a) it’s in Qatar
b) it’s winter
c) my general disinterest in international football these days
d) its in Qatar

2 Likes

Japan result yesterday was great, played really well 2nd half and didnt fluke it. Good to see our old boy Minamino turn the game when he came on.
Canada will forever be kicking themselves they didnt beat Belgium, made them look an old and tired team.

1 Like

Spurs season ticket holder here…
Unbelievable goal from Richarlison tonight. Was pretty shocked he starts ahead of Jesus on current form, but that goal was genius. Maybe he’s Harry’s replacement at 9 one day.

1 Like

Quite an unbelievable goal from Richarlison, holy shit man

Come on, he miscontrolled it! Granted he then did ok with the finish :grinning:

1 Like

It’s a massive downgrade if he is.

I’m actually realy enjoying this World Cup, though the England performance last night brought me down to earth slightly. Massive games for Argentina and Germany incoming. Also impressed by Roy Keane’s “Old Testament prophet” beard…

2 Likes

On my radar for when Fantasy Premier League returns.

Actually, that’s a thought: DJHIstory FPL mini-league?

1 Like

90+1 @GrimsbyRiviera You love to see it :black_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

Brazil and Portugal suddenly look the sides to beat.

1 Like

Portugal walked through that, without No7 :grimacing:

Better off without him, he can’t run or press.

Last goal they scored the boy rattled it in while Ronaldo was still running looking for the cross :rofl:

1 Like

That was the best World Cup final I’ve ever watched. Terrific goals, saves, individual performances, a hat trick and of course penalties. It had it all. Argentina worthy winners I think and one of the greatest players to kick a ball finally celebrated getting his hands on the trophy.

In no way am I underplaying the controversy surrounding the tournament but the final match was a feast for the purists.

3 Likes

It was a great final, really enjoyed it. Dont think Argentina will go down as a truly great side, been a while since one has really stood out at a tournament, Spain 08-12 maybe the last one.

Alfie Doughty’s a good 'un.