It's The End Of The World As We Know It — Spotify's AI DJ

Or we already knew this idea sucks, don’t we?

Quite possibly written by someone who’s never DJed but knows how to be annoyed.

1 Like

With a little stretch of the boundaries of the subject, here’s a look at the little men behind the green curtain:

I’d hate to think that any language could be stretched enough to call them DJs. It’s good to know the enemy, however.

Vocoder voice: “I have never voted Tory in my life.”

I’ve not checked Twitter, but today feels like a very big “I’ve never voted Tory in my life, but…” day.

Every day is an “I have never voted Tory in my life” day! With or without vocoder.

Yes, well, I don’t know you, but that’s almost certainly because you are not a Tory.

Ye shall know me by the records you make me buy. Or at least inspire me to go down rabbit holes to find.

Three Joe Strummer sets today!

Joe Strummer 001

Assembly

The Future Is Unwritten

Not that I don’t already have a few Joe Strummer works already.

It may be that I cannot afford to know you.

You ever seen an AGA?

I think we had one in the kitchen when I was young.

Fantastic! So you must have had AGA toast?

It was a long time ago. I think the toaster was something that you had to flip the sides over in a funny little cage thing. We moved a lot. Probably had a variety of toasters and much of the time I didn’t live at home. A tiny violin plays.

Heidi Lawden has had AGA toast. She told me on Twitter.

It’s a long time since I lived in England - will be 50 years this August. I’ve never seen an AGA in an American kitchen and they’ve mostly had slot toasters with the occasional toaster oven.

Who is Heidi Lawden? What is Twitter?

An AGA with a slot toaster! Wow!

NOT an AGA with a slot toaster! No way. Impossible.

Heidi Lawden is a DJ who lives in LA. She used to be Harvey’s partner.

Sorry, I read that too quickly. I got excited.

All these people I don’t know. I do find it hard to believe that there are any AGAs in LA. But I suppose anything’s possible there. I’ve certainly a strange experience or two in that conglomeration of suburbias.

No, she also had an AGA in the family home as a child. In Cumbria, I think.