I'll Name That Tune In....(the track ID Thread)

Has anyone got the faintest idea what the song that comes in at 26:47 is called? It’s driving me nuts for years!! All kinds of discogs searching and I still haven’t found it…

4 Likes

No idea, but what an ace record!

1 Like

Yep, it’s driving me nuts because I have absolutely no leads and I’ve been looking a long time. Only possible clue is that it’s a european group as usually Albion’s mixes are made from european records…

2 Likes

Any clues on this one?

To my ears the singing is British English rather than American English. Guessing from the lyrics that the title is Japanese Way, could it be this?
https://www.discogs.com/release/3494143-Sheeva-Hey-Everybody
Unfortunately I can’t find any audio clip to confirm.

2 Likes

This was my conclusion too :+1:

I ordered a copy, was holding fire until I actually listened to it.

Multitone was a very odd label, run by UK Indian producer, almost a precursor to Wiiga.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ledge. Cheers! Love a bit of Kalabrese, but that one passed me by!

1 Like

I bet that’s what it is, I looked a million times for the japanese way and it would never show up on my search results, but that looks like it. I’m sure it’s european. Must be it.

@MusicForHangovers If it does turn out to be the one, can I trouble you for a rip? Gonna be hard to get it here in Brazil…

2 Likes

I think you’d be amused/dismayed at my lack of technical skills! I typically leave that sort of thing to other people, but I’m sure I’ll be able to do it (or get a friend to do it for me… :slightly_smiling_face::+1:)

Will keep you posted!

2 Likes

Has it arrived? Will the mystery finally be solved?

Sheeva is a different track, not the one in the Albion mix sadly.

I’d love to know what its is though!

1 Like

:sob: the search continues

Anyone know the track that starts around 15.00 ?

It’s this or a track that heavily samples this or a re-edit of this!

2 Likes

nice one Bill, now I’ve got to hunt down the edit

1 Like

TBH the OG is great and I’m not convinced it really needed an edit.

1 Like

Gotta get rid of that thing*

*the urge to edit tracks that don’t need it.

ordered the 7" but couldnt find the AVI 12" with the full length mixers ,so no matter what I will need to edit the A/B sides to get the full length mix

BTW don’t know if you noticed, because it took me a while to realise, but it was originally made in Germany, by Sylvester Levay, who was better known for being the guy behind Silver Convention and the pretty dreadful Penny McLean.