Balearic TV Themes?

Is this sufficiently Balearic…? :grinning:

It’s the original theme to Baretta by El Chicano, subsequently re-recorded with a vocal by Sammy Davis Jr iirc.

I know the OG got posted upthread, but this is very well done IMO:

3 Likes

I never watched Sorry and haven’t heard as much Psychemagik as I probably should, but just looked for this and, yes, it is good.

3 Likes

Not exactly Balearic - closer in vibe to 1910 Fruitgum Company, if anyone remembers them — but the theme to US late-60s kiddie show The Banana Splits is pretty rockin’

6 Likes

Balearic is, as Balearic does … or something like that.

I found the Banana Splits incredibly creepy, especially the elephant.
A couple from my early years. Again, not Balearic, but the thread seems to be just favourite TV themes.

A fantastic song about a tree for a series about horses:

This does at least have a Spanish connection. The swashbuckling UK theme for French-made series about Spain in the Thirty Years War. The drummer must have been exhausted by the end.

2 Likes

That Follyfoot theme sounds far better than I remembered!

I’ll allow others to judge the Balearic nature (or otherwise) of these two.

This was the theme for a weekly American Football broadcast on ABC during the early 70s.

I think this was also used as the theme for an American Football broadcast.

2 Likes

Absolutely guaranteed to make any pro-cycling fan of a certain vintage go weak at the knees:

3 Likes

Art of Noise cover of the Robinson Crusoe theme is a longstanding favourite of mine

1 Like

I’ve played this once to a room of folk who grew up in the UK in 80s, it caused wild scenes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hupDUofBzfo

6 Likes

This was given a fine treatment by Steve Moore under his Lovelock alias some years back:

4 Likes

Ace track!

Although I didnt use this version off the album I did start a DJ mix a few years ago, whilst juggling my (very fixed tempo) Linn Drum underneath =/

1 Like