Wild Pitch. Give Us Your Faves

The one that goes: “Got me burning up…burning up… burning up…”

1 Like

That is great. Don’t think I’ve heard it before. It reminds me of this which is kind-of wild pitchy:

1 Like

Pierre’s Pet Shop Boys remixes were a thing of beauty

Love that tune. Can’t beat some train FX.

I used to hammer this. Love it

This is only from last summer, and is a bit cheesy but completely went off when I got the chance to play it

Is that the ‘Wild Pitch Me’ app?

Joint Venture - Masterblaster

5 Likes

I always thought of this as Wild Pitch Lite, or Warm-Up Wild Pitch. It never gets quite as big as Pierre’s tracks but still has that nice, slow build up of layers.

On the other hand, I love the way this doesn’t build up at all but just slams right in.

not EXACTLY Wild Pitch (depending on one’s definition), but certainly Wild Pitch adjacent

3 Likes

More Pierre

And a bit of Roy

1 Like
3 Likes

Ooh, I forgot about this one!

1 Like

I’d never thought of that as a Wild Pitch record.

I reckon it fits all the criteria.

I would find it hard to put into words why I think it doesn’t. And I certainly don’t want to fall out with you about it.:wink:

1 Like

There’s a few records in the thread that might not fit the description of Wild Pitch. For me the Global Communication might not have the same sounds a lot of other Wild Pitch tunes have but I do think it builds in a very similar way. Maybe more Wild Pitch-esque then.

To me, it’s the structure that’s different.

Wild Pitch sounds sort of “rolling forwards” to me. But I appreciate that’s not a technical term!

Would probably need a trained musician or someone with good knowledge of music theory…