LOW LIFE presents DOWNTOWN 81

Next party is on Saturday Feb 11th at Corsica Studios (and not Feb 10th, 2024, which I inadvertently put on RA!). We’ve got Nancy Noise, Alena Arpels, Ruby Savage, Sarahtonin and me and Frank B on the deck duty.

Tickets on RA here. We’ve already sold 25% on the first day, so suspect it may go quickly.
https://ra.co/events/1633594

3 Likes

Any reports or videos? The one I saw posted on Twitter looked ace

We recorded all the sets, just need to get them from Corsica Studios, they’ll go up later in the week. I’ve got a few pix and vids, will stick them up when I get a mo. Ruby Savage was fucking amazing, honestly maybe the best DJ debut ever at Low Life. I’m totally in love with her now.

9 Likes

Sounds great, looking forward to hearing the sets

I hope everyone had a lovely time.

It was a brilliant party. Definitely felt like a new era. There were loads of younger crews there as well as the older lot so it felt really fresh. Just a lovely vibe. And it went OFF. Top tunes in both rooms, packed dancefloor, smiles all round. Loved it.

5 Likes

I cunningly lured some friends who hadn’t been proper dancing in many a year by artfully deploying a ‘there’s a thing happening 20 minutes up the road this evening’ at optimum impulsive drunk hour, followed up with a ‘oh, look what I’ve just happened to find in my wallet - how did they get in there?’. They were up on one of the stages come 3AM.

9 Likes

I particularly enjoyed one of the youngsters, on overhearing one of our conversations outside, declaring in abject horror OHMYGODYOUVEGOTKIDS?!

7 Likes

A fiendishly clever plan!

The Micky Flannagan ‘going out’ story. :wink:

1 Like