I don't suppose anyone knows what this is...? (Harvey Pikes 22)

Ha, was just about to type the same :joy:

Nice detective work there :face_with_monocle:

Found a digital copy of the original version - its not the one that Harvey played, but it is recognisably the same track. Unless he had a secret edit, Iā€™m 99% sure it was the Justin Strauss dub. Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Go ā€˜ead Vlad. And well played the rest of you.

1 Like

Edit: Tried to link a playable dropbox file of the Justin Strauss Dub, but it wonā€™t play. Itā€™s the song, but a different remix.

So it is that song, but not that remix.

Not completely convinced itā€™s that song. Sounds a tiny bit like it in parts butā€¦

Itā€™s a much lazier breakbeat. Could be a remix I suppose. Itā€™s not an edit of that version Iā€™m 90% sure.

you may be right, i just slowed it down to the same speed and though the horns are similar, they arenā€™t quite the same.

Thanks, both. Dammit! Really thought I was on to something there.

The b side of this is something else I found that could be a contender. Iā€™m not sure if the 2nd video is the track or not though as the time is different. Although it could be a sped up version of the edited track perhaps.

Justinā€™s reply but he also added that the song he remixed had a different title (Get Into The Grid)

1 Like

12ā€ just arrived, The Rain (Justinā€™s Credit Dub) is definitely not the right trackā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks for taking a punt on that, Joe!

No worries, Iā€™ve already sold it on for more than I paid for it.

1 Like

Hopefully not to someone off hereā€¦:wink:

2 Likes

Well their username had ā€˜Billā€™ in itā€¦ but it was a London address so I think Iā€™m safe

3 Likes

It isnā€™t anything on the Paradise Program album, it sounds similar to track 13 ā€œGet Into The Grid (12ā€ Dub)" which is a Justin Strauss remix, and could conceivably be a remix, as it has some similar elements.

My guess is that it is either on a 12"/CD that isnā€™t on discogs, or was just released under a different artist title that nobody has found yet, or is just simply an unreleased remix that has been floating about on peopleā€™s hard drives for a while.

Respect to Harvey for inspiring such a search in this day and age though.

5 Likes

Billy Woods is on to it now! Still no ID!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpYoinUMDTm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

Comment "Paradise Program - Get Into The Grid (Justin Strauss Remix)? " and see what he says maybe?

Itā€™s Billy though, i doubt heā€™d tell you either wayā€¦

1 Like

wouldnā€™t be surprised if it was a Billy edit that he sent to Harv in the first place. Seems like Harveyā€™s got a bunch of those?