BBQ Jams

Please post your favourite bbq jams here - anything that you can imagine meat or veg sizzling on a grill to, usually served with a side of heavyweight beats and basslines and sounding big, bad and beautiful in the sunshine. A few to start you off

3 Likes

These work really well. Particularly with veggie burgers.

2 Likes

This is jam hotā€¦ jam hot

2 Likes

But seriously, folksā€¦

Iā€™m a bit of a list-maker, and am always jotting down musical ideas on pieces of paper, or hearing a track and thinking ā€˜that would be a great intro to a playlist based on the theme of a robot apocalypseā€™ or some such nonsense. Certain tracks hit my BBQ spot, and over many years Iā€™ve compiled a list of them, but now I actually have a use for that list - I canā€™t find it. It was ever thus.

Suffice to say, a chugging rhythm and a positive laid-back vibe feel about right.

I played this one last night (not at a BBQ, but I think itā€™s a good fit) :arrow_down:

And reggae fits the bill perfectly :arrow_down:

And a bit of funky or jazzy folk works well too :arrow_down:

And Brasilā€¦ Surely something from Brasil?

2 Likes

I always enjoy a bit of Brazil whilst having a BBQ. This one sticks in my memory as something that fitted my mood (Iā€™d just bought the TSTD Brazil comp at the time)

Sandra SƔ - Guarde Minha Vez (Ɓlbum: Vale Tudo) - YouTube

2 Likes

To me its got to be hip hop for the BBQ:

2 Likes

A few more latin flavours to add to the grill

1 Like

I was listening to this yesterday. Has a sinuous bass and a lolloping laid-back vibe. Even the songā€™s title fits BBQ season.

Edit: this was comped by 4 Hero a few years ago

4 Likes

Would definitely be shaking a leg (dad dance) to this after one too many as the haloumi casually slips through the cracks in the grillā€¦

2 Likes

No meat for me, thanks. The salads look good. Iā€™d want them dressed with a bit of country funk.

Iā€™ve posted this before, in Antā€™s old soundalikes thread, but I guess itā€™s essential advice for the morning preparations:

Getting a bit more lively, one for the old school B Boys & Girls. (The break is at 1.33)

Ending the night with some deep soul gut-wrenchers. If you feel the tears welling up you can say itā€™s the smoke in your eyes.

2 Likes

Great minds, and all thatā€¦ Was about to add some languid funky country dressing to my vegan burger

Kris has quite a few tracks which fit the bill, I think

And Iā€™m sure BBQs are a very southern thing, noā€¦?

A stone cold classic to go with an ice cold beerā€¦

My 2nd contribution from Nancy - itā€™s her version of the Bobbi Gentry classic

3 Likes
1 Like

I think someone sprinkled some peyote in the marinade, right?

@lazlo72 That, or a profound and transcendental carbohydrate coma

1 Like

Ok so adding a couple of blues & country funk skewers of my own here

A couple of classic rhyming jams for @Lordnoiz

Something to keep the coals glowing as the sun goes down and the wind picks up

ā€¦ and a tribal psychotropic hot dog after dark for @Supersquishee

2 Likes

@lazlo72 Utah ā€¦ get me two!

1 Like

Some more hip hop.
Perfect for a sunny afternoon:

I always wanted to know why Big Daddy Kane wasnā€™t in the western scene on this:

1 Like

This version gives the Sandra Sa classic some BBQ bounce

1 Like
4 Likes